Over the past 16 years, we have seen the tremendous gifts that hoop dance and circus arts bring to people of all ages and backgrounds. These movement arts cultivate confidence, cooperation, creativity. They help with focus, emotional expression, health and happiness. We have a vision to deepen and expand our programming, to amplify to the positive benefits of these modalities and make them more accessible for youth in this area. To that end, we are initiating a scholarship fund for this summer and for our year-round youth programs. Our vision is multi-fold: to go out into the community for circus outreach work and to make our on-site programming more financially accessible.
We are taking steps towards pivoting our youth programs to a not-for-profit status. In the meantime, we would still love to initiate a scholarship fund for the summer & fall of 2018.
- Have you seen Jewels, hoopdrum or The Flowjo Family Circus at an event and wanted to say thanks?
- Have you or your child benefited from our programs over the years and want to pay it forward?
- Have you gotten to hoop at an event with one of our play hoops?
- Has hooping or circus arts changed your life and you want to contribute to Circus & Hooping in Carrboro?
- Do you want to contribute to a scholarship fund for aerial or circus skills for a child?
- Do you want to send a kid to a week of Camp?
- Are you just really generous and kind?
If any or all of the above are true and you want to contribute, you can! And we are grateful!
Each variant below has a corresponding $ amount.
Feel free to add something about how/where we met, or where you saw us or why you want to contribute in the notes section. If you want to contribute to the Scholarship Fund, please make that note so we can track that clearly.
With flowing gratitude~