2017 Summer Camp
Social Circus Camp
|June 26-30||Social Circus Camp||10a - 4pm||9+||Katie & Julia||$300, $280 early|
This camp will combine the empowering, transformative benefits of circus with social justice and activism. The Flowjo desires to create a safe, collaborative, accepting space - across gender, race, economic, religious and cultural lines. We seek to initiate new programs for creatively merging our theatrical, circus training with street performance and community outreach. This camp seeks to be a test run for a year long program beginning in Fall of 2017.
Cirque de Flowjo Camp
|July 31-Aug 4||Cirque de Flowjo Camp||10a - 4pm||8+||Katie||$300, $280 early|
Explore the range of circus skills the Flowjo has to offer! Partner acrobatics, tumbling, hoop dance, juggling, rola bola, poi, flower sticks, clowning and aerial silks, trapeze & lyra.
Kids Aerial & Dance Camp (ages 8-13)
|June 19-23||Kids Dance & Aerial||9a - 3pm||8+||Jill||$300, $280 early|
|July 10-14||Kids Dance & Aerial||9a - 3pm||8+||Jill||$300, $280 early|
Tween Aerial & Dance Camp (ages 11-13)
|July 17-21||Tween Aerial, Dance & Acro||9a - 3pm||11+||Jill + guest||$300, $280 early|
A fun-filled, exciting week of dancing, aerials, partner acrobatics, tumbling, yoga, and so much more! Learn cool dance routines in jazz and hip hop. Climb a silk fabric and balance, flip and spin on a trapeze. Improve your flexibility and strength. Make new friends, play fun games, and have the experience of a lifetime! All levels welcome - from the complete beginner to the seasoned performer. Free end of week showcase for family and friends on Friday at 3pm.
Mini Aerialists Camp (ages 5-7)
|July 24-28||(Little) Kids Mini camp||10a -noon||5-7||Jill||$120, $100 early|
Come spend a fun-filled week learning to dance, tumble, and move in the air! Learn to climb a silk fabric, hang from a trapeze, flip and spin in the air, play fun games & make new friends. All levels welcome - no experience necessary. Free end of week showcase for family and friends on Friday at 11am.
Teen Aerial & Dance Camp
|July 24-28||Teen Aerial Camp||1p - 4p||Teens||Jill||$160, $140 early|
Queer Youth Aerial Camp (Ages 10-18)
|Aug 14-18||Queer Youth Camp||10a - 4pm||Abby||$300, $280 early|
Other Summer Camp Details:
- Prices include the hours listed and all materials used.
- Students are responsible for their own lunches and snacks.
- Students should bring a water bottle
- Students are advised to dress comfortably & appropriately for movement and going upside down if registered for Aerial Camps (leggings or tights, leotard or tank top and a T-shirt)
- Each camper must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian before participating. These can be signed the morning of the first day or can be sent in prior.
- The Flowjo does not provide early or after care. Students can be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to camp and should be picked up promptly at the camp end time.
- The Flowjo is not responsible for lost personal items.
- Full refunds are available up until 45 days prior for the camp. Credit can be applied to other Flowjo programs or classes if a student needs to cancel 30 days prior to camp.
- To ensure a safe and quality experience, we maintain a small camp program and limit our registration to 9-12 students per camp. All of our staff are very experienced, fun, well trained instructors.